St. Andrew’s Residence, Chatham cares for seniors through the operation of a 70-bed retirement facility, a 32 unit life-lease complex, and many community services. We are an independent not-for-profit, charitable social enterprise. Our vision is to provide a home where seniors enjoy an exceptional quality of life and well-being.
Position Type: Temporary- Part-time/Full time
Reports to: Community and Client Relations Manager
Schedule: Typical hours Monday- Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm
Position Description: As a key member of the organization, the Screener/Customer Service representative while maintaining confidentiality, will deliver friendly, efficient customer service and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests and clients, in accordance with St. Andrew’s Residence’s vision, mission and values statements.
- Assist residents and family members with booking of visits, outings and virtual visits including monitoring the electronic schedules as needed.
- Assist residents to visiting areas and/or into and out of vehicles as required.
- Assist visitors to and from the visiting areas as required.
- Screen residents, staff and visitors at the entrance with standard screening questions, ensuring consistency in every interaction.
- Perform Rapid Antigen testing as required.
- Ask individuals to perform hand hygiene and don a mask when passing through the screening area.
- Ensure all screening documentation is completed by the resident, staff or visitor.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the screening and visiting areas.
- Assist with the operations of the Reception area, including;
- assisting with resident enquiries,
- assisting with resident and staff deliveries
- answering telephones.
- Communicate with various departments within the organization to determine resident visitor eligibility to enter.
- Perform administrative functions in support of management staff.
- Assist with the operation of the Residence Tuck Shop.
- Other duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum of grade 12 or equivalent required.
- Student or graduate of a health services related program an asset.
- Previous experience in a health care setting an asset.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact well with all levels of staff and community.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands at a time.
- Work independently and use good judgement.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, and general computer applications.
- Valid Class “G” Driver’s License and reliable transportation
The nature of this position will require the successful candidate to provide a Vulnerable Sector Police Background Check prior to commencement of employment; please note that it may take several weeks to obtain a Police Information Search.
Health Screening Requirements:
Each member of staff must have a:
- 2 step TB test
- Negative Result COVID 19 test
- Proof of at least two COVID-19 vaccinations
HOW TO APPLY
St. Andrew’s Residence welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Any interested person must apply by email with a resume in PDF or .docx format to Sarah Baute, Human Resources Generalist (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12:00pm on Friday, May 13, 2022.
We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.